Friday, October 16, 2015

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - October 2015

I'm a day late in posting for Bloom Day, but it will be a quick read as I only have a few flowers blooming this month. Here's your brief tour:

Abutilon megapotamicum may deserve this year's award for the longest bloom period. Since April of this year, it's been continuously pumping out blossoms.
Just like me, Punica granatum 'Nana' is happy that the days are still warm and sunny.
The tiny mallow-like blossoms of Sphaeralcea 'Newleaze Coral' pack a colorful punch once they open in the sun each day.

I'm cheating a little with Cuphea 'Tiny Mice' since I picked it up in bloom from Pomarius Nursery this week, but it's so cute I just had to include it.


Rosa 'Sally Holmes' has just a few bloom trusses left.

Likewise, Rosa 'Darlow's Enigma' is on its last legs but deserves mention as it brightens up the area under a Trachycarpus fortunei.
A couple of random Ceanothus blossoms were this week's surprise.
All the Rosemary plants around the house are quietly doing their fall bloom thing.

Also vying for the title of longest blooming plant, Erigeron glaucus flowers on.
A fun development in the Northwest Territory is a couple of Digitalis that matured to bloom this year. I know these are biennials, so I'm wondering how I managed to miss their little rosettes last year.

Click on over to May Dreams Gardens to see flowers from gardens all over.
Happy Bloom Day!

5 comments:

  1. Great blooms, Mulch Maid. The Erigeron is so sweet, I love it! Also the Sphaeralcea is pretty darned showy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few Ceanothus right now too. I just planted Abutilon megapotamicum this spring, and it's finally got a few buds. I don't know if it will flower before frost, we'll see. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may be few, but they are mighty! I lust for both that Abutilon and the Pomegranate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's that you said about the days still being warm? While I don't usually envy your heat, right now we're struggling to get into the sixties during the day and I wouldn't mind some warmer temps. Hooray for abutilon megapotamicum blooming forever! If it's a mild winter, it'll only take a brief vacation (three weeks) and then start again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have flawless taste in roses! (I have the same roses, though they don't have as many flowers as yours.) I love that Cuphea, it makes a much bigger statement than the Cuphea ignea I grow as an annual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for jumping through the annoying but necessary word verification hoop to leave your thoughts!