Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - January 2020

It's a new year and a new decade, but some of the same old reliable plants are coming through for January's Bloom Day at Longview Ranch.

In the back garden, Arctostaphylos 'Austin Griffiths' is a happy camper, and so are our resident hummingbirds.
A few random blooms are showing on Loropetalum chinense var rubrum 'Sizzling Pink'. I love the way the new foliage provides a brilliant foil for those perfect pink flowers.

Daphne x transatlantica 'Eternal Fragrance' is up to its old tricks. No scent yet, but I'll take those flowers.

A prostrate rosemary is brightening up a south-facing brick planter in the front garden.

Lastly, a NOID sarracenia has decided to bloom indoors. Maybe it likes the warmth, but I really have no idea why I actually have more flowers indoors than when it was outdoors for summer!

I'm joining Carol at May Dreams Gardens, where each month she hosts garden bloggers and their flowers from all over.

Happy Bloom Day, all!




2 comments:

  1. Rosemary is the one dependable winter bloomer for me too! Especially the prostrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Austin Griffiths.... just gorgeous! I saw standard ones at Xera the other day. I think that would be the only way I could fit one in, without major garden editing. How nice that your Sarracenia decided to bloom for you! I'm still trying to figure out how to make them happy. I think they are tough enough to survive the winter - mine are still outside. I have high hopes for next summer - the lighting is pretty good where they are. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for jumping through the annoying but necessary word verification hoop to leave your thoughts!